Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA

3 posters

Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA

Post  gagrl Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 pm

I INVITE YOU TO CELEBRATE THE 2nd ANNUAL NATIONAL "MEET ME HALFWAY" walk!!! at LENORA PARK at 4515 LENORA CHURCH RD. SNELLVILLE ,GA 30058 AT SUNDAY MAY 1st
3 PM!!!!!!! IT'S FREE!!!! Bring your family & friends to walk ONE MILE for MEET ME HALFWAY!!!! Then picnic, play & have fun with your family & friends!!! WE WILL be video taping it & taking pictures to put on the website www.projectmmh.org!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!! Check it out & look at the pics on www.gwinnettcounty.com

The park has: 178 acres, 1.5 mile paved trail, football/multi-purpose field w/ lighted walking track Dog park area Smile, gym, pavillion, playground, fishing lake, A FOUNTAIN in the middle of the lake, 6 baseball/ softball fields, 18 hole disc golf course (rules) w/ scorecards & discs for rent or sale, at the gym-Outdoor leisure play pool (I DO NOT KNOW YET IF THE POOL IS OPEN OR CLOSED??? MIGHT NOT OPEN UNTIL SUMMER) 2 more indoor pools, & 7 outdoor pools - 4 indoor competition pools, 3 indoor instructional pools, and one outdoor pool, Grills, & restrooms!!! Check out website:www.gwinnettcounty.com & click pool hours to see prices & phone #s to call: PARK (770)978-5271 & POOL (770)982-5309 RING YOUR FAMILY, ANIMALS YOU LOVE(don't forget the leaches) & FRIENDS!!!! WALK the ONE MILE with me & for the projectmmh!!! You will be walking ONE MILE to raise awareness about the foster care system & how the children & teenagers need us to take a STAND FOR THEM & WALK THE WALK!!! When teenagers turn 18 years old the system has to let them go & MOST of the teens have NO place to call home, NO money, NO ONE there for them, THEY USUALLY BECOME HOMELESS..... WALK with PROJECT MMH & let's help RAISE AWARENESS so WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THESE CHILDREN!!!! ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!! COME CELEBRATE WITH ME!!! THEN AFTER THE WALK: HAVE A PICNIC, PLAY BALL WITH YOUR KIDS or FRIENDS , FLY A KITE, TAKE PICS (a lot of those please!!!), READ A BOOK, BRING THE ANIMALS & CHECK OUT THE DOG PARK!!! SERIOUSLY FOR THE DOGS TO PLAY IN!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!! GA GRL Smile

gagrl

Back to top Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty WHERE TO PARK & MEET IF YOU GET TO COME TO LENORA PARK

Post  gagrl Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Come to the side that has the baseball fields & red barn. Park near the front near the baseball fields. Meet me at the Red Barn!! We will walk in front of the baseball fields & then it should end near the bridge that comes to the lake. Then have fun w/ family & friends!! Meet me at the Red Barn again before you leave I am going to give out flyers about www. projectmmh.org & why everyone has just walked!! I am going to walk more than a mile... I know what this is about!! I felt like I was inviting some people that do not know what MMH is about & I tought they would be more likely to come & walk a mile & see what it's about & get info & hang with their family & then maybe find out about mmh & spread the word & maybe even down the road donate but it's their choice... When I said ONE person can make a difference I NEVER meant for it to sound like it's all about me...... NO WAY... IT STARTED WITH "ONE" PERSON JIMMY WAYNE!!!! I just meant I am one person, one human being & I can get up off my tush & make a difference too for the CHILDREN, the TEAM that I AM A PART OF, & JIMMY!!! WE ALL CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! IT'S OBVIOUS THAT WE ALL HAVE ALREADY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN SOOOO MANY WAYS!!! AT HOME, IN THE OFFICE, ON THE COMPUTER, PHONE CALLS,EMAILS, PROJECTS, WALKS, DONATIONS, ALL THAT EVERYONE HAS DONE NEVER GOES UNSEEN!!! WE ARE GROWING WE ARE SPREADING THE WORD!!! I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD INVITE PEOPLE TO COME TO A WALK TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN... SEE WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCE I COULD MAKE.. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME.. IT'S ABOUT US!!! IT'S ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!! GAGRL

gagrl

Back to top Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty GA walk, I wanna come :-(

Post  lallalelu Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:15 pm

This is a great idea, it sounds like a really fun way to get the news out about the kids, so you go girl!!!! I won't be able to make it (I'm in CA) but I hope you get a lot of people to come and walk for the cause. I'll be thinking of you.
Susan in San Diego Very Happy

lallalelu

Back to top Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty Thanks Susan!!!!!

Post  gagrl Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Very Happy Thanks Susan!!!! That means a lot!!!! I just thought I want to try it out & see what happens.... Smile You'll be here in spirit!!!! I hope a lot come too!!! I invited my mom's side of the family because a lot of them live in GA about 75 or so sent emails, my church emails & facebook- a lot there!!! High school friends 100 on my facebook, work & if 4 more come from work they'd give mmh $500!!! Not sure enough will come from work... Took another flyer to another Kohl's up the street to c if 5 more would come & another $500!!! Hey Why Not?!! Close friends, & I went to my first 5k a couple of weeks ago & met a lot of wonderful people!!! A couple of women for preventing child abuse (what the walk was for), a man that is at a christian based homeless shelter that changed his life feeds him, clothed, gave a job-now he volunteers there!!!! A woman that teaches kids & adults to read!!! I met 2 foster care women!!!! THEY ALL SAY THEY ARE COMING & BRINGING PEOPLE!!!! Thinking of You too!!! GAGRL

gagrl

Back to top Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty Good luck with your walk tomorrow!

Post  atacarrillo Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:53 pm

What a great idea. I was sad to have just got word of the 2nd annual walk the other day. Ironically, we have a 2nd Annual Race for the Playground in our neighborhood. We have a playground in need of updating, so this awesome group of ladies is raising money to "Get er done!" Can't count on our local government to do this in this economy! So, I plan to go out and pass out MMH business cards to raise awareness. How cool, huh! We got this awesome event all planned and set up and I get to get out MMH info! Wink Susan, dear friend, would you like to join me?
atacarrillo
atacarrillo

Back to top Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty Susan, Atacarrillo,TEAM, & JW Thank You!!! GAGRL :)

Post  gagrl Sun May 01, 2011 10:47 pm

HEY!! Well, After telling so many people only 13 people showed up but still that was really nice!! Four of them were from my work at Kohl's so MMHW/The Comm.Found.of Mid.Tenn got $500 dollars today!!!!!!! Two of my 1st cousins came out with their families totaling 7 & my best friend from middle school came out with her baby boy- so with the 2 of them 13 plus me 14 total!!! We walked a total of 24 miles!!! It's all worth it!!! I LOVE being a part of this TEAM & MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THESE KIDS LIVES DAY BY DAY!!!
ATACARRILLO: THAT IS COOL WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! KEEP IT UP!!! YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB!!!!
SUSAN: THANKS AGAIN!!! THE ENCOURAGEMENT FROM BOTH OF YOU MEANS A LOT!!!! YOUR FRIEND, GAGRL Smile

gagrl

Back to top Go down

I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA Empty Re: I INVITE YOU TO WALK WITH ME AT LENORA PARK IN GEORGIA

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down